There are many ways to increase your site’s visibility on the internet, some of which are free and easy to set up.
- Sitemaps – You can create a sitemap, listing all of the important pages which make up your site, and then submit this sitemap to the major search engines. Once the search engine know about these pages, they begin to “crawl” your site and index the contents.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the practice of ensuring that the content of these pages, matches relevant searches to ensure pages from your website are returned in the search results.
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest…. The list goes on and on. Which you use and how they are used may well depend on your industry and how you expect to interact with your customers.
- Mailshots – If you would like to write regular newsletters to keep in touch with your website’s visitors, you could invite them to sign up to receive these via email at little or no cost.
- On-line Advertising – Services such as Google Adwords can be utilised to promote your website on other websites and in search results. These adverts can be tailored to appear only in certain circumstances, such as geographical location, time of day, or a wide variety of other parameters.